What you need
- 3 cups whole wheat scoobi do pasta, uncooked
- 2 slices low-sodium bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (795ml/28fl oz.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Heart Shape Italian Seasoning Oil
- 1 cup 4 cheese Italian Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Cook pasta in a large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 tsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
Add onions to reserved drippings; cook and stir on medium heat 5 min. Stir in garlic; cook 1 min. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, Heart Shape Italian Seasoning Oil and crushed pepper; simmer 5 to 6 min. or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta; return to pan. Crumble bacon. Add to pasta with sauce; toss to coat. Spoon onto platter; top with cheese and basil.