What you need
- 7 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 tbsp Heart Shape Italian Seasoning Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice, uncooked
- 1/2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 6 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan (or mozzarella) cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves, or to taste (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Bring vegetable or chicken stock to a boil in a medium stock pot, and then reduce heat to a low simmer.
Pour butter or olive oil onto a large, heavy bottomed stock pot over medium heat. Stir in onions and cook for 2 minutes, or until softened. Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted. Gradually ladle in simmering vegetable stock, stirring continuously. Risotto will become “creamy” and slightly sticky, yet still firm in the center, or al dente.
When almost finished, stir in the zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, and thyme, adding stock as needed and stirring continuously. Stir in Heart Shape Italian Seasoning Oil, basil and 3 tablespoons cheese just before serving. Divide risotto among 6 bowls, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and season with pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings.